Sunday, September 20, 2015

Meekly leapfrog to payday



Payday2
Frogs goal as a criminal in payday 2 is to develop a lithe meekness through the practice of Aikido. In the footsteps of Steven Segal gently dominate the police, aiming to cause least harm to my opponents and least disruption to my neighbours. Following the way of water from the Tao Te Ching, seek opportunities of the greatest efficiency, like headshots and the least pain, like one hit KO.
Perhaps if other friends come to join the fun the developing the EMP mysteries as well as efficient first aid may be the way to go. But for now I believe the best bet is better concealment and leading up to confirming my ambidexterity.




Meek when approaching the target, neither brash nor bold.
Calm under fire, steady when stressed.
Humble in the midst of praise
Magnanimous in victory, not gloating over the conquered
Walk softly and carry a big stick
Avoid the extravagant escalation of threat as mentioned by [British Ben].


As it's happened I've been crouching in a froggy pose nearly all the time and the Four Stores missions ATM is the most reliable source of stealthy cash. Plus I can conquer the task with no casualties in under four minutes. As opposed to many of hte online with randoms missions that seem to take half an hour to almost compete.




Cowboy pistols sound like a great idea, as do Lazer beams. I put a budget silencer on my pistol because I wanted it to be quiet but now aiming down the ironsites doesn’t work and I’ve unlocked the playing cards item so that works much better for silently disabling cameras and the cards can be retrieved, I wonder why the capacity is not 52…




Unfortunately the first aid pack for friends and the EMP are mutually exclusive and since there is a limited number of skill points available I’m going to try to be a great Fugitive without ever using first aid. Helping people is more of an Anoikis thing to do at any rate.




 




There is a mod that apparently shows all the buffs available, RPG style. I should get that installed and then try some actual online play. Also due to the number of trips back and forth to collect loot it seems that missions in single player are long and tedious. Payday really is designed as a four player experience. The AI merely follow me and shoot at each other, my allies revive me if I’m downed but that is the limit of their aid. The only missions I can successfully complete are Mall Crasher and four stores, the two missions I did at level one and six respectively before I actually had any skills or modded weapons. Knowing how the map plays out is a much greater advantage than any of the items or perks that can be equipped. Therefore with 4 humans any mission should be ~4 times faster and probably 16 times easier than solo. Mainly because you can all interact with lootbags at the same time, monitor drills and have actual defence rather than meatsheilds. If the cop AI did not keep escalating their equipment over the course of a heist then I’d be able to Solo some more but the process is just too slow when the Taser ninja police arrive.




 







I should re-think the silencer on my secondary, pending the playing card strategy. This way I can go out guns a blazing with Akimbo and maybe snipe with a scary secondary. The main reason for dual wielding was always the extra concealment. Also yet to find a foggy mask skin, I like the wolf mask of humbleness, but have not found anything that I want to use to recolour it. Meh it’s easier to pull the trigger than throw a card, though the cards are much quicker at breaking glass in the jewellery store than either melee or bullets.




 



All done, unless I find somebody to co-op with, Just like life in general I suppose. I could let Frog loose online and play online with ransoms a bit, Otherwise rolling over to Shogun 2 with Stephan leading the charge is the plan. Been a few rounds in CardHunter, which leads me to believe It’s Skyzer the mad Logicians, turn to come out of his shell.


No comments:

Post a Comment