Thursday, September 12, 2013

Too many Onion Soup

So I bought 2kg of sliced onion for a Rotoract BBQ, being election day it was mostly a flop. So I still have a loaf of stale bread and a kilo of sliced onions nearly a week later. Ten has caught onto the current soup craze, and I remember a suprisingly good onion soup I had in Nepal. I ate a lot of bizare things over there. Thus we will have a Dynamic Soup Battle!!

The premise is that both Ben and Ten cook a soup to consume after Gym and then Josh + whoever else may want to come along muse decide which soup is better and which is best. I'm quietly confident I will lose.

Step 1
50g of butter
2 table spoons of Virgin's Olive oil
Heated in a pan

Step 2
Start playing Mount & blade, soon I will have helpes Anoikis the Axe conquour all colanria

Step 3
Set pot to lowest heat
Add all onion to pot (strike that only room got half a kilogram in my saucepan)
Find some shalots and miscelanious onion type plants from herb carden and thinly slice
Add extra variety to pot
Add 2 tablespoons of raw sugar to help carimalisation process
Add some garlic and salt to taste

Step 4
Engage crockpotBoil a kettlefull of water
Add 2L worth of beef stock

Step 5
Over the next hour conquor castles and stir the pot, till all the onion is floppy.
Step 6
insert the silky smoth onions from the saucepan into the crock pot
Add another kettle of water to ensure all onions are covered.
Leave sit on low for ~4h for soup to brew

Step 7
Gym,
Make garlic bread

Step 8
make barlic tost
I'm using somewhat ols bread in a george forman grill
Both sides of bread buttered
Top side of bread additionally spread with minced garlic and sprinkelled with chese.
Cooked in grill

Step nine
Consume and judge.




No comments:

Post a Comment