Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

After reinstalling windows I found how much I relied on the hibernate option. But when I came to turn it on in the power settings al always got this message:
"the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"






It didn't seem to matter what programs or processes I killed, there was still something interfering with the power settings.

after a while I found this post, then bells rang I remember last time I had to do this too.

So I ran the msconfig utility and disabled all the system startup options as indicated. Then restarted my PC. When it was right to go I was able to enable hibernate. Then I set msconfig back to the default setting and restarted my PC again.

Now when I shutdown my PC I can change "Standby" to "Hibernate by holding Shift on the keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment