Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dancing is like church

Dancing is like church
                I learn about dancing for an hour a week. If I do no other dancing then I gradually get better. But If I dance twice a week I learn more about it. If I dance with other people I learn how they dance and how we can dance together. When there is new music it takes a little extra thought to dance and I get a new perspective on the dance. It seems the more I dance outside of classes the better I get at dancing and the easier it is to learn.
Additionally when I started I turned up on time then left when it finished, returning home a little stiff and sore. Now I arrive early prepare by doing stretches and have a chat when it is all over. This makes the lessons themselves much more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Dancing is like church.
    I enjoy it with likeminded people but mention it in public and get a couple of weird looks.

    ReplyDelete